Higher Education Has the Capacity to Change the World
Broadly, we are looking for companies working on programs, products and/or services that dramatically improve equity, access, and efficacy in postsecondary education (higher education, workforce development, and/or lifelong learning). At the end of the day, our mission is to provide a considerable and indisputable return on investment to students.
We are interested in companies that are working on improving education delivery, simplifying access for international students, facilitating competency-based education, creating new models for career training, synchronous learning, STEM programs, training for healthcare professionals, integrating outside content and brands with curricula from leading postsecondary institutions, and more.
Our criteria for selecting startups is a double bottom line that takes into account both social and economic returns, including the ability of the company:
- To improve equity, access, and efficacy in postsecondary education (higher education, workforce development, and/or lifelong learning);
- To be accessible and usable by a wide range of students–especially underserved student populations;
- To empower students and lifelong learners;
- To support strategic workforce development goals;
- To grow and scale, to potentially achieve wide distribution and generate sustainable revenue both domestically and internationally.
Timeline & Key Dates
Please see below for a timeline and key dates for the Michelson Runway Accelerator
|Wed||Nov 15||Application Launch|
|Fri||Dec 15||Round 1 Applications Due (accepting updates until Friday Jan 5)|
|Fri||Jan 05||Round 2 Applications Due|
|Tue||Jan 30||Selected Startups Notified|
|Thu||Feb 15||Kick Off Event in SF|
|Sat||Feb 27||Hackathon at General Assembly in SF|
|Thu||Mar 15||Mentor Office Hours in SF|
|Thu||Apr 12||Mentor Office Hours in SF|
|Fri||May 04||Demo Day in SF|
* All due dates are by 11:59pmPST
What is a “Virtual Accelerator Program”?
While the program includes a few mandatory in-person convenings in San Francisco, cohort companies are not required to relocate. However, companies that do opt to relocate have the option of receiving up to four months of desk space for team members.
Our virtual accelerator program lasts approximately four months, with targeted content and feedback delivered via phone/video meetings, web-based presentations, and online collaboration.